Become a church leader
Join the Board of Trustees
Serving as a Board member is a rewarding experience that includes the following responsibilities:
- Attend all regular and specially called meetings of the Board of Trustees
- Represent the board as a liaison to one or more church ministries
- Consult with staff regarding the operation of the church
- Listen to opinions and feelings of the congregation and reflect the sense of these conversations in deliberations within the board, ministries and committees
- Learn about all facets of the church such as the different ministries it supports, the activities of committees, the needs and responsibilities of staff, short- and long-range planning, and the budgeting process
- Being a pledging/tithing member of the church
- History of church involvement
- Ability to express one’s own opinion, listen carefully to the merit of those held by others, and work toward consensus
- Willingness and ability to devote time and effort necessary to conduct the church’s affairs effectively for the duration of the term
- Patience and commitment
Trustees serve one to three-year terms. The congregation each year in March elects new trustees to the board. In the November, the Trustees Nominating Ministry Team collects applications and interviews interested board candidates to select a slate for election by the congregation. If you are interested in being on the annual Nominating Team or would like more information on becoming a trustee, contact the church office.
The Board of Trustees typically meets on the third Sunday of the month at 2:30 p.m. in the Rev. Elouise Bldg. Community Room. Minutes of each board meeting are available on the bulletin board located in the hall outside the church kitchen.
If you are interested in joining the Board, please contact the current Board President: