East Bay Church of Religious Science currently has the following job opening:
Reports to: Sr. Minister
Status: Part Time (25 Hours a week)
The Office Manager is the welcoming face of East Bay and is expected to maintain regular office hours.
The Office Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the church office, including the coordination of all clerical activities and facility operations. The Office Manager must maintain a professional relationship with the Senior Minister, Board of Trustees, staff, congregation, and community. The Office Manager must keep in strict confidence information acquired through the duties of this position which may be personal in nature to church members and/or staff.
- Assist the Senior Minister as requested
- Greet and assist visitors to office
- Answer telephone and forward messages to appropriate parties
- Check and respond to church email on a daily basis
- Daily collection and distribution of mail
- Maintain and update church database and maintain attendance records
- Generate weekly reports for giving and attendance
- Type, print, and fold weekly bulletins, prayer list, and other bulletin inserts
- Organize payment requests for Office
- Ensure office equipment is in working order and oversee maintenance
- Maintain church calendar
- Coordinate requests for use of church facility.
- Coordinate cleaning and repairs services (floor, heating, A/C, water, septic)
- Update and print church membership directories
- Email notices for meetings for church committees
- Monitor and ensure that the website is updated and operational
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Senior Minister
- Weekly staff meeting with the Senior Minister
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Communications Committee and attend regular meetings
- Shepherd ongoing communication efforts including outdoor signage, special mailings, postcards, etc.
- Supportive of the mission and goals of East Bay Church of Religious Science
- Familiarity of working in a faith-based organization or non profit
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Strong communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with others. Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts feedback. Interacts in a spirit of love. Engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and abundance.
- Management Skills: Demonstrates commitment and flexibility in given situations. Understands his/her leadership style and temperament type and adapts leadership behaviors to meet the needs of the situation. Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done.
- Team Orientation: Demonstrates interest, skill, and success in team environments; promotes group goals; steps up to offer self as a resource to other members of the team; accepts support from others; understands and supports the importance of teamwork.
- Commitment to Excellence: Takes pride in work and strives for excellence to achieve the best possible results. Looks for opportunities to improve work practices, generates ideas for improvement, pays attention to the quality of work. Tries innovative ways to get things done, considers situations from new perspectives, and evaluates work results for effectiveness.