Emergency Rent Relief
July 29, 2020
Unable to pay your rent because of the effects of COVID-19?
- Loss of Income
- Reduced hours and wages
- Caring for a household member
If so, apply to the Emergency Rent Relief Program. The Program is designed to assist low-income families and individuals who are suffering a temporary financial setback due to the COVID-19 public health emergency and need help with up to one month’s rent payment.
You are eligible to apply if:
- Your primary residence is within the City of Alameda
- You were current on rent due prior to March 1, 2020
- You have fallen behind on some portion of your rent payment since the Shelter-in-Place order was announced
- You can demonstrate a COVID-19 impact on your ability to pay rent
Applications may be submitted at:
ALAMEDA CITY DATA SERVICES
Application Deadline: August 10, 2020 at 4pm
Funding provided by Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) CARES Act or Alameda Strong as funds are available. Applications funded through CDBG must have a total household income that does not to exceed HUD’s low-income limits established for Alameda County. See the application for more information.